Join the Mailing List for Important Community Announcements
Need To Know
Ponte Vedra/Palm Valley Architectural Review Committee (PVARC) – Wednesday, September 6th, at 5:00 PM at the Marriott Sawgrass Resort, 1000 Tournament Players Club Blvd., Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. 32082
Ponte Vedra Zoning and Adjustment Board (PVZAB) – Monday, September 11th, 11:00 AM but the PVIC PUD agenda item will be heard the third item on the agenda. County Auditorium – 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine FL 32084.
St. Johns Planning & Zoning Agency (PZA): Thursday, September 21st, 1:30 PM, County Auditorium, 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine..
Board of County Commissioners (BCC) – Tuesday, November 7th, 9:00 AM. County Auditorium – 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine FL 32084.
PZA: The purpose of the Planning and Zoning Agency is to serve as the County’s Local Planning Agency. The primary responsibility of the Planning and Zoning Agency is to serve in an advisory capacity and recommending body to the Board of County Commissioners on matters relating to land use planning, zoning of land, Comprehensive Plan Amendments, amendment of Land Development Regulations, and Major Modifications to PUDs.
PVARC: The purpose of the Ponte Vedra Architectural Review Committee is to enhance property development within the established Overlay Districts and achieve specific goals and objectives of the St. Johns County Comprehensive Plan. The Architectural Review Committee’s (ARC) primary responsibility is to determine compliance with Part 3.06.00 of the Land Development Code and Part VIII.Q of the Ponte Vedra Zoning District Regulations.
PVZAB: The purpose of the Ponte Vedra Zoning and Adjustment Board is to review, make recommendations or take final action on applications in accordance with the Ponte Vedra Zoning District Regulations that regulate the height and size of Buildings; regulate the intensity of Land use; regulate the area of yards, courts and other space about Buildings, classify and regulate the location of commerce and industries and the location of Buildings designed for specified industrial, commercial, residential and other uses, within that portion of St. Johns County heretofore described as Ponte Vedra Zoning District.
2023-24 MSD Proposed Budget Public Hearings
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sea Turtle Nesting Season Begins May 1
- JOHNS COUNTY, Florida, April 17, 2023–Sea turtle nesting season begins May 1, and St. Johns County officials are asking residents, visitors, and businesses to help protect natural habitat by observing all nesting season laws and regulations. The beaches of St. Johns County are home to several species of endangered or threatened sea turtles.
From May 1 to Oct. 31, St. Johns County staff will close vehicular beach access gates at 7:30 p.m. and reopen them at 8 a.m. to allow nesting sea turtles to have a safe beach throughout the night.
Beach visitors can have a positive impact on nesting sea turtles by taking the following actions while enjoying the beach:
- Refrain from using fireworks and open fires.
- Remove ruts and sand castles at the end of your beach day.
- Do not leave beach chairs or canopies on the beach overnight.
- Flashlights are strongly discouraged as they can harm sea turtles.
- Avoid entering dunes and conservation zones (15 feet seaward of the dune line).
- Refrain from releasing balloons, which can fall into the ocean and harm marine life.
- Never approach sea turtles emerging from or returning to the sea. Nesting sea turtles are vulnerable, timid, and can be easily frightened away.
Never push an injured animal back into the ocean. If you encounter an injured, sick, or deceased sea turtle, please call the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency dispatch line at 904.824.8304. Leave only your footprints, providing the turtles with a safe and clean habitat to nest and hatch. St. Johns County is grateful to volunteers, residents, visitors, and businesses for supporting habitat conservation efforts and keeping our beaches beautiful. For more information, please call St. Johns County Habitat Conservation and Beach Management at 904.209.3740, or visit www.sjcfl.us/hcp.